Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 

It's My FrankenMac and I Love It


It's been an autumn of loss and mourning...and, man, does Boris Karloff have on a lot of eyeliner in that picture!

Sorry, I got sidetracked there for a minute. As I was saying, my two PCs pretty much gave up the ghost, and I finally decided that it would be much more cost effective, not to mention time-efficient to just get a new computer instead of sitting around filing my nails while waiting for multiple reboots each day, not to mention surfing the web at molasses speed.

When I visited my friendly CompUSA store, however, they informed me that I would be forcibly converted to Windows Vista if I upgraded my hardware.

My solution? So pretty, so shiny. The screen: so wide! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a MacBook Pro running XP.

Believe it or not, I haven't even spent five minutes on the Mac side of things with that computer. It sits on my desk like a big brother to my friendly little white MacBook. Two tastes that taste great together. And now I'm back to getting things done at the speed of light. Hurrah! Not that you can count on me being any more diligent with the blogging...especially since I just found out that we'll probably be hosting the extended in-law family (all thirty umpteen billion of them) for Christmas.

--melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +