Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Work It

For a right-brain workout, try the New Yorker Cartoon Caption contest. Every week they publish a new, uncaptioned cartoon in their magazine (and online) and invite readers to submit entries. The winners get their names published, and each receives a print of the cartoon with his or her caption on it. Cool, huh?

If you want to participate but can’t think of anything clever, you can also cast your vote on the top potential captions from the previous week.

I have yet to submit a winning caption, but it’s fun to try. I must admit, I’ve also submitted some real clunkers. They seem so brilliant at the time, and then later I wonder what the heck I was thinking. It’s really much harder than it seems, but I keep hoping that someday inspiration will strike and I’ll finally see my name in the New Yorker.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +