Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Burgeoning Whip Enthusiast

Yesterday I got a new catalog in the mail. It was from Home Depot. It was nice, I like catalogs. But this one disturbed me, because what I read in the tag line was a sign that I had entered a new demographic category. The ominous tag line on the cover of the Home Depot Catalog was “For Home Enthusiasts.”

Now, I’ve heard of sports enthusiasts, ballroom dance enthusiasts, car enthusiasts, and even (after Googling) whip enthusiasts (with their own vastly preferable tagline “For those who love bull whips, snake whips and stock whips”.) There’s just something depressing about being labeled a home enthusiast. Like the only thing I could possibly muster the energy for is buying some throw pillows.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +