Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Do You Have My Keys?

They’ve gone missing. Seriously missing, to the point that my kids couldn’t even find them with the dangling carrot prize of a Mogu People pillow that they’ve been pestering me about for months. Of course, I didn’t realize any of this until my husband had already gone to work, so then I was stranded at home all day yesterday.

When I went to order a new electronic car key, they told me it will take a week and cost a hundred dollars. A hundred bucks for one lousy key. That’s more thirty lattes at Starbuck’s or six Mac lip glosses. Not that I need any more lattes. For the past few nights I have been a raging insomniac. If I wake up and it’s actually light outside, I feel like I should throw my hands up in the air in triumph like an Olympic gymnast sticking a perfect landing.

Actually now that I think of it, maybe all those cups of coffee and lost ZZZZs are the reason I misplaced the keys in the first place. Anyway, I ordered the cheaper valet version, which proves I’m an optimist, because I’m still counting on it being a temporary solution and my old key ring turning up. Maybe if I can just get a good night’s sleep...

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +