Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Dusting Out My Conscience


Last night I was telling my husband Barry about how weird I feel about having people come in to clean once a week. He said something to me that he’s never said before in our eight and half of years of marriage. “You should blog that.” Anyway, is this only me? Is it because I grew up in an area where no one hired people to put new roofs on their houses let alone clean the inside of them? Barry tried to make me feel better by asking if I felt guilty about having someone mow the lawn (slightly, but not really) or changing the oil in our car (definitely not). Maybe it’s because I suffer from the expectation that as the stay-at-home mom the housecleaning should be done by me, and that others will think I’m lazy. Maybe I should just save the money and use it for therapy instead.

--Kelly

Comments:
Girl, what do you think blogging is...if not therapy. I had some one clean for me (a friend at that). I always had to clean up so she could clean. How obcessive complusive is that? Ha!
 
Blogging = Great.
When I lived in Misawa, Japan we had a "mama-san" who came in to clean once a week. Best spent Yen ever.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +