Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

I Don’t Have Either Kind of Hermes



But I do have an Olympia SM3. My husband found one on eBay for me for Christmas two years ago. It needed a new ribbon and to be oiled, so after driving around with it in my car for about three months I finally brought it the five miles to the repair shop to drop it off.

Last week there was an article in the Chicago Tribune about writers who prefer the clickety clack of a manual over Word, including Larry McMurtry, who thanked his Hermes 3000 at the Golden Globes. That reminded me of my own poor Olympia languishing in the shop some ten months after I had dropped it off. Miraculously, I found the claim ticket. It had been through the laundry, but was still legible, and last Friday I went to pick it up -- It wasn’t ready!

Yesterday it finally was and it is now sitting on my desk. I’m not sure if I’m on my way to a Pulitzer, but it sure looks cool.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +