Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

I Haven’t Been this Nervous Since College

I was a week late. My husband and I have taken precautions to make sure we don’t have any more children, but there is always that damn .1%. So, I took my three-year-old to a drug store I normally don’t frequent, bribing her with the promise of bubble gum. “What are you buying Mommy?” she asks as I survey the dizzying array of choices. (The market sure has grown since the last time I needed one of these.) I decide to go with the digital readout kind.

I put my daughter in front of Dragon Tales with a piece of gum and retire to my bathroom. Feeling confident that I can pee on a stick, I toss aside the little piece of origami instructions. Then, I notice that the test needs to be ASSEMBLED!!! I pick up the instructions, figure out which end is which, so to speak, and put it all together, just in time to realize that I don’t need it anymore. My little friend has arrived and thankfully announced – “Not Pregnant”. Hallelujah!

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +