Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

One Two Punch Line

Look out, world! I’m back to throwing captions at the New Yorker cartoon caption contest. After our hopes were dashed a few months back, I went on hiatus. I mean, what wasn’t to love about Kelly’s and my joint effort on a caption for this cartoon that appeared in October:


Our caption was: “Intelligent design? My five-year-old could have done this.”

The actual winning caption was “But how will we raise the kids?”

Now come on, which one is more timely, newsworthy and just plain funnier? That’s right. Ours. It’s our blog and we say so.

Anyway, I’m not going to divulge my caption for this week's contest. Actually, I don’t have super high hopes this time because I forgot one of the cardinal rules before pushing the submit button: make the caption short. Mine weighed in at the maximum of 25 words. Well, there’s always next week. I just need to get into fighting shape.

--Melanie


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +