Friday, January 13, 2006

 

You Had Me at Hello



Last night, I went to see King Kong with my husband and a couple of friends. It was totally fabu. Somehow that giant ape managed to make every other man in the movie look like a total wimp. I loved it when Kong emerged victorious from one of the many fight scenes and just threw Naomi Watts on his shoulder, like “Yo woman, you’re coming with me.” Is that bad?

Of course, some parts of the movie didn’t quite work and others go on too long (most memorably the scene of the dinosaurs in a Running of the Bulls of Pamplona-esque segment, which seems like it will never end.) And I couldn’t resist snickering and whispering that famous line from Jerry Maguire when Naomi and Kong go up to make-out point high above the island to watch the sunset together. Nevertheless, I give this one four enormous prehensile thumbs up.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +