Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Boo Hoo

There is nothing like a wedding to turn on the waterworks for me nowadays. We went to a friend’s nuptials over the weekend, and the mere sight of her walking down the aisle with her dad was enough to send me over the edge.

As a mother of three daughters, I automatically put myself in the parents’ shoes. I wonder what it must feel like to look at that beautiful bride and remember the little girl that she was. It’s a very tangible reminder that everything changes, although it seems sometimes like it’ll be potty training and time-outs forever.

So, bring on the weddings, and I’ll keep trying to remember to enjoy living in the moment.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +