Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Mae Neil

Let me start by saying I have never used a fake name: ever. Except for Isabella Penn, of course.

According to an article I read this weekend, aliases are all the rage at Starbucks, so I guess I’ve been missing out all these years. People use them for all kinds of reasons. Some wish to simplify things by using an “easier” name, substituting Jane for Xotchitl, for example. Other people just want to have fun. Who wouldn’t want to be called Fi-Fi or Lex for a day?

You can generate your own name anagram if you want to be really tricky a la Dan Brown, who used an anagram of real scholars’ names to come up with Sir Leigh Teabing in the Da Vinci code.

So…do you ‘fess up to your real name or come out with an outrageous alias when the barista asks?

--Melanie

Comments:
An anagram of Kelly Streit is Testy Killer - hmmm.

--Kelly
 
Thanks for the link. Happy 4th of July.Good talking with you and da gurls the other day.
Love,

VICTOR JOG HURL ON
 
I often use fake names at restaurants when they ask for a name. My most common is "Bateman" after the character in American Psycho. But sometimes I'll use "Wong", or "Chang" or "Shwartzenberger" or something like that. The hardest part is being alert to it when they call when your table is ready.
 
fun link!!!

my "blog pourri" is among many

rib rug polo

wtf is that?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +