Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Guilt-ridden No More

Excuse me while I turn on every light bulb in my house and make several needless trips to Costco. I'm entitled, according to an opinion piece in the NY Times today. Thanks to California's aggressive energy policies, the typical Californian uses a third less energy than the average American, less than 60 percent electricity and accounts for only 55 percent as much carbon dioxide.

They say baby steps in the right direction (even if all of America matched CA conservation efforts, emissions would still be at 1990 levels.) I say, a good excuse for a party, preferably in a stretch Hummer.




--Melanie

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +