Thursday, March 22, 2007

 

Doing Hard Time in the Prison Laundry Room

For only $1999.00 you can own this laundry mangler by Miele, available in the latest Williams-Sonoma catalog.

I don't know if it's just me, but there is something really freaky about this picture. The only phrase that can really do it justice is "fetishization of modern suburban womanhood," don't you agree? Either that or "The Warden assigned me to laundry duty for smuggling GMO free muffins in my Talbot's purse, but I'm cool with it because I took a Ritalin."
I mean, what's wrong with just tossing your tablecloths in a dryer and dashing a regular iron over them like the rest of us do? Or sending the stuff out to the dry cleaners, if you absolutely must.
This poor woman would have to be chained to her mangler for days for its cost to amortize out to something reasonable. I'm really worried about her.


I wish I could just enjoy my catalogs like a normal person.


--Melanie

Comments:
ahhh yes.. but you wouldn't be nearly as entertaining to read then... I think the scariest thing about her is her faraway detached (xanax--ed) look...

says you need to be drugged to enjoy her task.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +