Monday, March 12, 2007

 

Et tu, Melanie?

It might have been the early hour, or the fact that I've been drinking only decaf for months now.

It might have been an alien taking over my body and forcing me to think evil thoughts. I'll take any explanation if it allows me to deny the thought that flickered through my mind as stood in line waiting to sign up my daughter for after-school classes.

This is how it went:
"Hmmm. I wonder what I should sign her up for? Man, it's cold out here. Let's see...art, knitting, dance, astronomy--but, no, that's a boys class..."

In case you missed it, that was me, the former scientist, Ph.D.-holding advocate for girls, being a sexist pig. Horrifying isn't it?

Anyway, as soon as I caught myself, I stopped thinking that way and signed her up post haste.

The clincher? Every other student in the class is a boy.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +