Friday, March 02, 2007

 

In Memory of Patti


That's always what she wanted to be called. Not Mom, which I would have been uncomfortable with given the relationship with my own mom, and NEVER Mrs. Streit - she was always Patti to all that knew her. Except for my kids of course who lovingly called her Grandma Pancake. She was such an accepting person and I felt at home with her the first time I ever met her.

She was so happy when Barry and I had kids - Zach was the first of her Grandchildren who loved to eat and Piper was her first granddaughter after five grandsons. She loved them all and was so proud of them and her four children.

I'll miss her humor, the way she said how gor...geous the kids were, and most of all the happiness she brought to all who knew her.

--Kelly

Comments:
Kelly, my sympathies go out to you and your family. You'll be in my thoughts!
Amy
 
She sounds as if she was a wonderful person. I'm so sorry for your loss.
 
Thanks you guys, she really was.

--Kelly
 
My condolences to you all Kelly. Grandma Pancake looks like she was a lovely woman.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +