Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

It's Called Water, Stupid


For weeks, I've been lamenting the demise of my garden. I knew I had been neglectful through the long winter, but it was getting ridiculous. Everything was dying.


But when I say lamenting, I mean it in a very half-hearted way. Let's just say the thought would flicker through my mind for about five nanoseconds every time I walked to and from the car. "Gee, the yard really looks terrible today..."


Lo, when I really thought about it yesterday, I realized I hadn't seen the sprinklers go off in a while. And, gee, didn't I have a vague memory of turning them off a couple of weeks ago when it was raining one day? Could I possibly have forgotten to reset everything?


Well, I'm not that bad. Someone had unplugged the entire timer control, and that was the problem. Now, I'm watering every morning for a few days in hopes of reviving my thirsty plants. Isn't the gardener supposed to take care of these things?


--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +