Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

Why I Missed Tennis Today


On our way to walk my son to the bus stop today my daughter cried out, "Look Mommy, a mouse, or a rat or something!" I told her to back away from it as I ran to catch up and see the poor baby opossum shivering on the sidewalk. I scooped it up into a towel in a box and the opossum snuggled in. I was in love.

A check on Google however told me that baby possums don't create their own body heat and need to be manually stimulated to go to the bathroom. This was enough to evaporate dreams of caring for the cute little guy myself. So I called my vet who recommended Flint Creek Wildlife Rescue. They directed us to their Chicago location and the lady their gave him some fluid and put him in an incubator. After a few weeks when he is stronger they'll release him into the woods.

--Kelly

Comments:
he (or she) is very cute. i, however, have my own, not-so-cute opossum story. it involves a very bad stench leaking into our house from under the patio. nuff said.

i hope they don't drop off that cute lil' baby around our neighborhood.
 
Sorry about your bad opossum experience. I think our baby will be let go in Barrington, so unless the little guy knows how to use Metra I think you'll be ok!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +