Monday, May 07, 2007

 

I Did It!



I made it safely back from my Portland trip with nary a scratch and the worst thing to happen was an hour delay on the return flight. And don't think that it is a co-ink-ee-dink that Melanie was also travelling via the friendly skies yesterday. That's right - it was the reunion of Isabella Penn. More on our joint adventures later, but I'll recount my solo escapades.

It was a very adult weekend. Upon landing, my brother picked me up and after a yummy Mexican lunch complete with Margaritas, we went to Multnomah Falls. It was so incredibly beautiful that I agreed to hike to the top. After all it was only a mile. Well, let me just say that a mile entirely up hill is quite a different experience from walking a mile around flat flat Illinois. The view from the top wasn't quite worth it, but it did feel like a bit of an accomplishment. And I was able to do it without having to also carry my daughter who I'm sure would have been clamoring, "Uppy!" less than a tenth of the way up. Had that happened I could have pointed out to her the woman who was walking her kitten (that's right a kitten in a little harnass with a leash).

The next day my brother and I drove to Tacoma to see his exhibit. It was like entering a Salvador Dali painting to see my brother's name up on a plaque in a museum. And it was even more fun watching people watch his piece.

Saturday evening we went to the Portland Baroque Orchestra. It was my first time watching live classiscal music and I was blown away by how fantastic it was. Going to the symphony will definitely be in in my future.

My trip ended with Mack showing me where he works and seeing some exhibits at the PNCA.

The trip was definitly worth every minute of angst that I suffered for it and I plan on doing it again.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +