Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 

I Still Wanna Be Val

What do Valerie Bertinelli, plastic bags and a pedometer have in common? They are all my latest obsessions. I'm not turning into a celebrity stalker, I promise. It's just that Valerie's new promos for Jenny Craig are so...so...I don't know...but I'm obsessed with them. It practically makes me want to join Jenny Craig, even though I'm not trying to lose weight (although maybe I should be!) I loved Valerie on One Day at a Time in the seventies, and I guess I'm not over her yet.


Which leads me to the pedometer. Of course, I had to check out Valerie's blog at JennyCraig.com, and I read about how she's using a pedometer to count 10,000 steps every day, which reminded me that I, too, have a pedometer. I could be Just. Like. Valerie!!! if I started using it. So, I did. And it's kind of fun. I find I'm parking farther away, which is a whole new relaxing lifestyle, instead of circling the parking lot in search of a cramped spot close in. One day, I walked 19,000 steps without even really noticing it!




And then the plastic bags. I wish there were a good tie in. Perhaps Valerie feels the same way I do about plastic bags. Yes! That's it. I'll bet she is trying to cut back on plastic bags the same way I am. After reading about the ban on plastic bags in San Francisco, I decided to try my own mini-ban. I'm just saying no to them whenever I can. It's surprising how often it's easy to tuck something in my purse or remember to bring my own bags. Trader Joe's even has groovy new bags that are so cool they make you want to buy more just to fill them up (hmmm maybe that's their strategy.) Way, way cooler than those old white and red canvas bags!


By the way, in case you're wondering, I do have a life. Really, I do.


--Melanie

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +