Monday, April 16, 2007

 

Plastics, Schmastics. The Future is Foohys.


I don't know about anyone else, but the hottest thing to hit the playgrounds around here are the "Foohys"--they're monkey-shaped pencil erasers that you snap on the top of your pencil. Except the kids do anything but that with them. Instead, they're a hot collectible and the girls dress them up like little dolls. My daughter has started a Foohy club, of which she's the self-appointed leader. The big news this week is that two of the Foohys are getting married, so I'm digging out tulle ribbon so she can make a veil. Other fashion endeavors have included fringed vests and rhinestone embellished dresses!

Confession: I think I've been bitten by the bug. There's something so appealing about the little critters, and they're dirt cheap compared with the typical corporate-made collectible--about a buck for a pack of ten. Last week I went to four different stores trying to find some for my other daughter, but they were all sold out. Rumor has it they're at a Staples in the next town over. Here we come.


I'm telling you. Forget about plastics. The future is in Foohys. I'd buy stock in it if I could!


--Melanie

Comments:
I nominated this Blog as one of my Five Blogs that Make you think. Origins of the meme are Google-able.
 
Thanks a lot! That's very cool!
--Melanie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +