Monday, March 26, 2007

 

Oh Those Lips


Hubby was away this weekend, so I took the opportunity to finally view two of my Netflix choices that I knew he would hate. Friday brought me Bad Education. A subtitled (strike one by hubby) film noir (strike two) with male sex scenes (strike three, especially because we saw Shortbus last weekend which had a particular use of the yoga plow position that I won't get into here). Pedro Almodovar directed Bad Education and this movie did justice to his wonderful oeuvre. It starred a really good looking guy (even in drag), by the name of Gael Garcia Bernal.

I googled him, saw that he was in Motorcycle Diaries, which I've upgraded in my Netflix queue from position 64 to number 1. I overlooked, however, that he was in The Science of Sleep which was my Saturday night movie. He looked fine even in an ill fitting burgundy suit. And what a fantastic movie. This is what a romantic comedy should be like. Don't rent this though and expect When Harry Met Sally or one of those other Meg Ryanesque films. This is from Michel Gondry, the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Foo Fighters' video for Everlong. Shades of both are evident in The Science of Sleep, but it is even more mind-blowing. I might have to give this a second viewing before sending it back in its little red envelope.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +