Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

Cheese, Glorious Cheese!

It's true what they say. You really can rediscover yourself while on vacation. My husband and I celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss in Mexico over four days this past weekend by drinking Pina Coladas, snorkeling, lounging by the pool and generally relaxing. It was our first trip sans kids, and I can sum up my self-discovery with this ad jingle you may remember from the 80's: "Cheese, glorious cheese! Wonderful cheese, marvelous cheese!" Except that you replace the word cheese with "sleep." After a few nights of good sleep, I felt like an entirely different person. The kind of person who could, say, think clearly. The kind of person who, when asked to sew on a loose button, didn't snap at the other party and refuse to do it. I couldn't stop marveling over the new me, and neither could my dear spouse. I came home with all kinds of great resolutions about getting eight hours a night, but so far, I'm 0 for 2. Guess I'll have to wait another ten years to get caught up again.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +