Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

More Fun than a Cotton Candy Martini

On Tuesday I got to go to an exclusive shopping event at the State Street Marshall Fields in downtown Chicago. My friend is a personal shopper there and invited me.

We took a stretch limo from our local Marshall Fields to the flagship store downtown. After checking in, I snagged a waiter armed with an Easter Egg-like array of cocktails: watermelon margaritas, cotton candy martinis, and grasshoppers that tasted just like the mint Frappuccino’s at Starbucks, only with more of a kick. There was a DJ spinning tunes, and other waiters with trays of hors d'oeuvres

Needless to say it was more of a party atmosphere than a shopping expedition. Though I did manage to snag a pair of super soft chocolate brown cords from BCBG and a sweater by Tommy Hilfiger.

The highlight of the evening, for me anyway, was seeing Stacy London, co-host of TLC’s What Not to Wear. She hosted a Calvin Klein Fall Preview Runway Show and stayed around afterward dispensing her fashion wisdom.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to catch her for the advice. There were many more drink waiters than food servers, (maybe they were trying to loosen us up to buy more?) and I was starving, so I escaped to the food court downstairs to grab some greasy pasta salad and minestrone soup. I was able to get a photo of Stacy although it is kind of blurry. My beloved Razr phone wasn’t up to the photography challenge of a low light, moving target situation.

In any case, it was a really fun evening.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +