Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

New Math

Eight nurseries. Two straight days of gardening. Ten filthy black fingernails. One whacked head on a pine tree limb. Hundreds of dollars worth of plants, pots, soil, mulch and bark.

And my garden is only about 20% of the way to where it should be at this time of year.

Something just doesn’t add up here.

Actually, I’m kidding. I’m thrilled with our progress. Many thanks to Katharine, who so generously shares her time and talents every time she visits. Not only did she cook dinner for twelve at our house on Saturday, but she spent the next two days helping me with my side yard. Lucky me: she is a certified horticulturist and has her own landscape design company. She is going to do a plan for my back yard, and we’ll install that the next time she comes to visit.

--Melanie

P.S. Regarding my putative concussion courtesy of the Monterey Pine: I told my husband to watch out for any personality changes. So if he notices me being really nice and agreeing with him all the time, he promised he will call a neurologist.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +