Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Serendipitous Cinema


About a month ago Melanie did a post on her favorite children’s movie, My Neighbor Totoro. I meant to get the movie on Netflix, but never got around to it. This weekend, our babysitter left behind an animated Japanese movie called Spirited Away. I watched it with the kids and I was blown away. It was beautiful and the story was just incredible. And when I looked up the movie, the director was none other than Hayao Miyazaki, the same director as My Neighbor Totoro. You can bet that that movie has moved to the top of my Netflix queue.

--Kelly

Comments:
Didn't Miyazaki also do Howl's Moving Castle? If you haven't checked that one out, you need to RUN to the video store.

I have a friend who has all of these movies and more. She has been pushing them on us for years. My kids lu-huv them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +