Wednesday, July 05, 2006

 

The Hare of the Tortoise That Bit Me

Or something like that...

I’m getting faster. I still can’t quite believe it. You might remember that a few weeks ago I posted my plan to run a 5K race every Wednesday for about twenty weeks—it’s a summer race series with music and food afterwards, lots of fun and even a kid’s race on the beach.

Well, it's been worth it so far. I ran my fastest time last week, which was 26:15, or the equivalent of 8 ½ minute miles. This is incredible for me, because I was used to running about ten minute miles for many years since I had kids.

Of course, I had my bubble burst a bit when I bumped into a friend before the race last week who told me her times are in the 22 minute range!! Well, whatever. I’m still happy to be anywhere in the single digits again for the first time in eight years.

--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +