Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Tips from Kelloise


Maybe it’s just mom paranoia or maybe it’s a cold hard fact. In any case, I’m not taking any chances. My oldest had decided that over easy eggs are the new peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The question is: is Teflon the new trans-fat? It was easy enough to switch from Jif to all natural peanut butter by first masking the less sweet version with extra jelly, but could I make an over easy egg in any other pan? The answer was in my dad’s kitchen – an old cast iron pan. It works great! I can even flip an omelet in it. And don’t think you need to find an old one that’s been properly seasoned. Lodge sells pre-seasoned pans, and Le Creuset sells pans with an enamel coating if you’re worried about an iron pan getting rusty. I own both and I think the Lodge works just as well, is as easy to clean and is a lot cheaper. Plus, cast iron skillets are the best for browning meat and can add to the amount of iron that you consume!

--Kelly

Comments:
That's something that's been worrying me for some time. Will have to work out where I can get those here in Australia.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +