Thursday, May 31, 2007

 

She shoots, she scores!

I had a zillion New Year's Resolutions this year, but I've recently achieved one that was near and dear to my heart--not to mention a seriously long shot...or so I thought. It was to run a 5K distance at 8 min/mile pace, and I feel safe saying it's true after doing it twice now (always a scientist to the end.) The first time it happened, I had a sneaking suspicion the clock was wrong! I've been running our local summer race series, which is every Wednesday down by the beach.

I don't know if I've ever run that fast, even when I was a lot younger and less fluffy, so it's really a thrill. Maybe it has something to do with the four sessions of personal training I won in a silent auction. Anyway, I can check it off the list. Hmmm, what's next? (short pause while checks Word file of New Year's Resolutions)


Oh, yeah...blogging every day. Um, yeah, well you see, I...uh...


Clearly there are more mountains to be scaled.


--Melanie

Comments:
Congrats and well done! That's a great achievement.

Blogging every day? Now I think that's a bit harder...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +