Friday, July 20, 2007

 

Must...Pull...Myself...Away...

I've broken away from my two new obsessions long enough to write this blog, though I doubt the laundry will get done.

The first is The ESP Game. You and an unknown partner look at pictures and try to come up with a word that describes the picture, while avoiding a list of taboo words. Every time you make a match you get a point. The second game is called Phetch in this game you and three other unknown players take turns describing an image that the other three can't see.

I try to placate my guilt of spending so much time on these games with the notion that this is actually science and will help the visually impaired use the computer more effectively by having descriptions of images. The games were created by people at Carnegie Mellon University.

The problem that I see is that it might be dumbing down the descriptors to the lowest common denominator. For instance a picture of three men shaking hands was given in Phetch once the picture was revealed I saw that one of the men was Jimmy Carter which was never given as a clue.

In any case it is fun way to waste a few minutes on the computer.

Now back to my game!

--Kelly

Comments:
Perhaps spending less time on computer games and more with the Good Book might pull oneself from the clutches of diablo.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +