Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

Wake Up Call

Just watched the latest installment in the "Up" series of films. You know, the ones starting with "7 Up", where they filmed a bunch of British kids at age seven and then followed up with films every seven years. It's an amazing thing to watch, because it give you such a sense of the passage of time and the transitory nature of any particular phase. There was one comment that really struck home about "all those memories of the children growing up...it's like a closed chapter now." I know people say this all the time, but somehow this film really drives the point home, because it can...sort of...prove it.

It also made me a tad nervous. Especially the quote about "give me a child until he is seven, and I'll show you the man." Does this mean my oldest will still be requiring ten reminders to brush her teeth when she is 49? Whatever. I'm going to just savor every minute of it while it lasts.


--Melanie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +