Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

Slap a Headband on My Skull and Call Me a Sushi Chef


People! It was good. Really, really good.


Lesson learned: you can make truly tasty sushi at home.


We made ebi (shrimp) and tuna nigiri sushi, plus spicy tuna rolls and california rolls. We even had masago (orange smelt eggs) for garnish. And it was all seriously delicious. We have a really good Japanese market nearby, so I look forward to branching out into things like quail eggs and ikura (salmon roe) next time.


However, I wouldn't say that I'll never eat sushi out again--in fact, it has only made me more intrigued. I can't wait for my next trip to the sushi bar so I can steal all their moves.


--Melanie

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +