Tuesday, August 07, 2007

 

I'll Get You My Pretties, Just As Soon As I Chase You Down in My Walker


While getting my hair cut over the weekend, I tossed out the following conversational gambit:

"We're really excited to go see the Pretenders next week."

Long pause, while the two young ladies working on my tresses (Late twenties, mid-thirties) look around blankly, obviously desperately trying to think of something to say that won't hurt my feelings.

"Ummmm. I know I've heard of them, but who are they? What do they sing?" one said helpfully.

Fooey.


--Melanie

Comments:
If you'd said you were seeing Journey I'd understand, but the Pretenders? Chryssie Hynde??? That's insane!
 
What?! This is just NUTS! This past week, I was on the truck with some other dudes and we were all rocking to "Brass In Pocket" or whatever and I remarked about how much "Back on the Chain Gang" rocked. Who doesn't love them?
 
Perhaps if you mentioned a passage or two from the Good Book, they would have been more impressed--and saved.
 
Jake and Artful, Thanks for backing me up on that one! Chrissie was amazing--she can still rock...and in glam, knee-length boots to make sure you're really paying attention.

Anonymous, I really love your comments! They are very creative, and I always look forward to seeing how you tie things in. I mean this sincerely. And don't worry too much about me. I go to church regularly...and even take my kids.

--Melanie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +