Thursday, August 23, 2007

 

Noooooo! Not Ice Cream Again!

Dear Steven Jobs,

You would think that after I had forwarded past Sarah McLachlan's "Ice Cream" a few gazillion times, my iPod could somehow learn that I really don't want to hear that song ever again. Couldn't you and your brilliant team of software engineers use some kind of fuzzy logic protocol to learn my music preferences? Think of the potential! It could be called the smart iPod. I don't even want royalties for my brilliant idea. Just a better music device. That's the kind of generous, music-loving person I am.


And, while we're on the topic, how is is possible that my iPod contains nearly a thousand songs, and yet when I use the "shuffle songs" feature, I am offered the same tired songs over and over? I want to hear those weird new songs that I downloaded but am not yet sure I like. Throw in a little Devendra Banhart or Regina Spektor. But, please, please, not Sarah McLachlan again. (Okay, okay, I know I can make one of those smart playlist things, but should I really have to? I mean, come on: I'm busy. You know how it is.)


I might actually have to do what a sensible person would have done months ago: delete Sarah from the library. But that would be way too easy. Mr. Jobs: just create that smart iPod thing, okay?


Sincerely,

Melanie




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +