Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

Blogtober


What a month it has been! My dad and his girlfriend came to visit. My dad is very handy and fixed somethings around the house for us. Most notably, he replaced the rubber part on our threshold and put weatherstipping on the doors so hopefully this winter our downstairs will be a little warmer than in years past. We have a split level and while the living room will be a toasty 72, the kitchen/family room are around 66 degrees. The upside is it has improved my roshambo (rock paper scissors) game as my husband and I decide who will leave the warmth to brave the cold room to get us a snack.

My husband and I also acheived our ten year anniversary. To celebrate we took the kids and spent a weekend at Lake Tahoe where we got married. Within an hour of arriving we ran into the person who married us! We hadn't seen him since our wedding day. Then we drove to San Francisco and spent a week there, basically pretending like we lived there again. We rented a two bedroom flat with a living room and a kitchen in a neighborhood where we used to live. We saw a lot of old friends and as the icing on the cake Melanie and her family drove up from Santa Barbara so we got to have an Isabella Penn reunion as well.

Now we are getting ready for Halloween. The kids have so many dress up clothes that I told them I wasn't going to buy them a costume. They can each get one small thing, but they have to make up the rest from things we already have. So we'll have to see how that goes.

In other news my brother was selected to participate in an art show in Portland. I think it is going to be in Januray so if you around you should check it out.

I think that just about covers my month, but I will try to not let another month go by without a post.

--Kelly

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +