Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

A Whole 'Nother Disease

I wuv my new iPhone. It almost makes turning 40 seem not so bad.

Actually, I only say that because it's the expected thing: the turning forty gripe, not worshipping at the altar of the iPhone. Although, that's expected too, I suppose.

And with good reason. I now can't imagine how I lived without one. And I even had a fancy schmancy touchscreen, internet-surfing phone before.

The only problem? Something I like to call Network Deficit Disorder. It's a strange affliction. The main symptom is repeated pecking at all of the iPhone internet applications in the vain hope that the internet capability will magically be restored when clearly there is some kind of accursed temporary outage.

Also, loss of all logic, so that, say, rather than using the fully functional phone feature to simply call Wells Fargo bank, the afflicted individual will continue to do aforementioned pecking at internet features for a full forty minutes while their daughter is in piano lessons, before finally conceding that, No, the phone is, after all, the only way to find the nearest branch to make a deposit.

--Mel

p.s. Dad, this is good news for you, because it means I did finally get over to the bank for you!

Comments:
Perhaps worshipping at any alter other then the one described in the Good Book is a poor use of time. More Book of Job and less Steve Jobs is what is needed here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +