Friday, October 26, 2007

 

I Mommed Your Facebook

I would have completely forgotten about the Facebook account I signed up for--I think I originally did it because I wanted to see comments someone had written about our tee shirts
(not the one in the picture at left!) But then the friend requests started trickling in.

Now, you have to understand: I only have three Facebook friends. But the growth was positively explosive this week: a staggering two whole friend requests within days of each other. And there's something vaguely addictive about it...I actually considered putting out my own requests before the voice of reason stepped in (they make it so seductively easy--you can mass mail everyone on your Gmail list for example.)

For now, the voice of reason is prevailing. After all, I don't fully understand the implications of all this friending. I only just discovered that my sole Netflix friend--Ahem, Kelly!--can view my movie queue. Plus, isn't it somewhat undignified for all of us ancient relics to be piling on the bandwagon? Still, if anyone else wants to be my friend, well, wouldn't it be rude to say no?

--Melanie

Comments:
Perhaps you'd find a greater friend (one who can save your soul from the eternal flames proffered by Beelzebub)by spending less time on FaceBook and more in the GoodBook.
 
facebook = adictive, although I have contacted and been contacted by many old friends, it certainly makes things easier when you are 3000 miles away from the country that you used to live in.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas ? +